Monthly Mixtape Vol. 3: February Feels

Give a listen to student and staff members’ favorite songs from this February.
The graphic reads “February Feels” to introduce the assortment of songs picked this month.
media by Dee Lee

After ringing in the new year, February brings one of the first major holidays of the year: Valentine’s Day. Some commemorate the holiday with a romantic night with that special someone or an act of courage towards their biggest crush. The holiday certainly brings no shortage of pink-and-red everything, a surplus of flowers and chocolate galore.

For others, the holiday is celebrated with a rapidly dissipating box of tissues and a binge of bittersweet romance movies to end the night.

Everyone has different ways of celebrating the holiday. Whether you have a special someone and big plans for Valentine’s Day, or plans to eat discount candy and sob to “The Notebook,” there’s definitely no shortage of love–and heartbreak–songs to get you through the month of February.

After a series of various random inquiries to school members, take a look at the third monthly-themed playlist to ring in whatever February brings.

1. “Line Without a Hook” by Ricky Montgomery

Ricky Montgomery’s 2016 track that exploded on TikTok was picked by Nadhi Naval ‘26 as her favorite love song. “It’s so calming and not super aggressive, but still super cute,” Naval said.

2. “My Girl” by The Temptations

Science teacher Nikki Dobos picked the track most popular from the 1991 film of the same name for her all-time favorite love songs. “I think [I’ll pick] ‘My Girl’,” Dobos said. “You need to see the movie!”

3. “Where Have You Been” by Rihanna

Haveesh Chattaboina ‘27 picked one of Rihanna’s tracks as a song that reminds him of Valentine’s Day. “I picked this song because Rihanna is really romantic,” Chattaboina said.

4. “You Belong With Me” by Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift’s iconic track off of her album “Fearless” was picked by Ihita Kataru ‘26 as her favorite love song. “I love ‘You Belong With Me’, because obviously, you belong with me,” Kataru said.

5. “Happy” by Pharell Williams

Security Specialist JT Adams picked Williams’ 2014 chart-topping hit as a song that brings him joy on Valentine’s Day. “I’m always happy, so I listen to the song when I’m feeling down,” Adams said. “Nothing can bring you down when you’re happy.”

While these are only five songs picked by a few students, here are five more gathered from students and faculty to include in this month’s playlist.

6. “Congratulations” by Mac Miller

Picked by Sophia Foldery ‘26.

7. “Valentine – Live at the Symphony” by Laufey

Picked by Ella Bearman ‘24.

8. “Loveeeeeee Song” by Rihanna, Future

Picked by Cassie Watkins ‘25.

9. “About You” by The 1975

Picked by Cierra Lorenz ‘26.

10. “Thinkin Bout You” by Frank Ocean

Picked by Kenley Hinman ‘24.

If you like this month’s playlist, click here to save it to your Spotify library.