During a game against Legend High School April 9, attack Aidan Brock 24 runs toward the goal at EchoPark Stadium. The Jaguars were ahead at first, but ended up with a score of 9-6 L. Brock scored two goals during this game.
During a game against Legend High School April 9, attack Aidan Brock ’24 runs toward the goal at EchoPark Stadium. The Jaguars were ahead at first, but ended up with a score of 9-6 L. Brock scored two goals during this game.
media by Claire Yeater

Sticking Together: Season Recap for Varsity Boys Lacrosse

Consistency, the key to a winning season for the Jaguars

Boys varsity lacrosse started their season with a win, claiming a victory of 12-4 W against Chatfield High School (CHS) on home turf at Halftime Help Stadium March 8 at 7 p.m.

The following game, the team achieved another home win 13-6 W versus the Fairview High School (FHS) Knights March 11 at 6 p.m. Out of the 13 goals made during the game, sophomore attack Dylan Genuario scored the most with four goals. 

One week later, they traveled to San Diego, California to play two games. One game was against Los Alamitos High School (LAHS) March 19 at 4:30 p.m., where the team won 14-7 W and the other was against Mater Dei High School (MDHS) March 21 at 7 p.m., which ended in a loss 8-5 L. 

After returning back to Colorado, the boys played their first away game against the Erie High School (EHS) Tigers at Erie High School March 27 at 6:30 p.m. They ended up winning 7-6 W.

The second away game of the season was a 10-4 W against Chaparral High School (CHS) at EchoPark Stadium March 29 3:30 p.m. Grant Garrison ‘24 picked up five ground balls during this game. 

After the win against Chaparral, boys lacrosse experienced a loss against the Arapahoe (AHS) Warriors 6-5 L at the Littleton Public Schools Centennial Stadium April 2 at 7 p.m. 

The Jags recovered with an overtime (OT) win against the Castle View (CVHS) Sabercats at home 14-13 W April 5 at 3:30 p.m. Senior midfielder Cale Maguire scored the game-winning goal during this game.

“It felt great to score the game-winning goal,” Maguire said. “After wins, we normally all go back into the locker room and play a song called ‘Sax on the Beach.’ It’s been a tradition that we play it after every win.”

The team took on Legend High School (LHS) April 9 at 5:30 p.m. at EchoPark Stadium and ended the game losing 9-6 L. Attack Dylan Genuario ‘26 injured his leg during this game, which led to him to be ineligible to play for upcoming games. 

The next game was at home April 12 at 5:30 p.m. against Highlands Ranch High School (HRHS), the Jags won 22-1. Senior midfielder Cale Maguire scored the most goals on the team during this game with four goals. 

The team continued their season the next day with another win, this time against Cherokee Trail High School (CTHS), at home April 13 at 1 p.m. They won 9-7. 

They went on to lose to the Regis Jesuit Raiders 15-4 L at Regis Jesuit High School (RJHS) April 16 at 6:30 p.m. and the Mountain Vista (MVHS) Golden Eagles at Halftime Help 9-1 L April 19 at 6 p.m. 

The following game was Senior Night April 24 at 6:00 p.m. at home, where the 12 seniors of the team were recognized with their favorite memories from their high school lacrosse careers and their post-grad plans being announced as they walked through a tunnel of their teammates followed by a picture with their family and coaches. 

Jaguars were ahead of the ThunderRidge (TRHS) Grizzlies the entire game and ended with a 22-1 win. Senior attack Aidan Brock scored the most goals during this game, with six goals, alongside senior attack Zach Morton with the most assists, three assists.

“[ThunderRidge] was a very good win. Everyone was having a good time and enjoying themselves, but we also put a good product out on the field,” Morton said.

The final game of the regular season concluded in a loss against Valor Christian High School (VCHS) at VCHS 17-1 L May 2 at 8 p.m. The one goal was scored by Brock. 

Playoffs season began with a game against Chatfield (CHS) at Halftime Help Stadium May 8 at 7:45 p.m. The game began late due to the game prior running late. The Jaguars won 14-8 W. During this game, midfielder Cale Maguire ‘24 scored a total of six goals, which was the most on the team during this game. 

“A highlight from the [Chatfield] game was when I scored my first goal because I knew we were pulling away with the game,” midfielder Tanner Bird ‘26 said.

The boys’ season ended with a 9-4 loss against Regis Jesuit High School (RJHS) in the second round of the playoffs at RJHS May 11 at 2 p.m. The highlight of this game was the five ground balls that defenseman Grant Garrison ‘24 picked up.