Varsity football offensive guard Preston Duman ‘26 and offensive tackle Brodyn Caruso ‘26 face off with Chaparral High School (CHS) Aug. 30 at Echo Park Stadium at 7 p.m. During the game, the team averaged 321 rushing yards according to MaxPreps. “During the game I felt lots of different emotions like the excitement of a home game. I also felt very exhausted cause I played for most of the game,” Duman said.
media by Quinn Barton

Jaguars take Victory against the Chaparral Wolverines in their Season Opener: Photo Recap

The Jags begin the season undefeated after beating the Wolverines 28-0W

The Jaguars took on the Chaparral High School (CHS) Wolverines at Echo Park Stadium Aug. 30 for their season opener kickoff at 7 p.m. The theme of the game was ‘Hawaiian Out’ with the Golden Boys presenting a sign specifically saying ‘We own this beach’ and the Wolverines had a sign saying ‘Welcome to the Den’.

The Jaguars began the first quarter by scoring a touchdown by varsity captain running back Tyler Meyer ‘25 making the score 7-0, Jags in the lead. 

“It was a really good start to the season and it gave offense and defense a lot of confidence leading into the rest of the games this season,” long snapper  Brodie Lyle ‘26 said.

The second quarter was followed by two picks from wide receiver Timmothy Huelette ‘25 and wide receiver Cooper Ueland ‘26. 

Later in halftime, the Jags scored 21 more points making the score 28-0 going into half.  

During halftime, there were performances from the varsity dance team as well as Youth Athletes running through the Jaguar tunnel for Youth Sports Night. 

Which was later followed by the marching band’s performance of ‘Let Them Eat Cake’. 

The second half started around 8:30 p.m. Throughout the last half of the game, there were pauses for injuries for running back Mason Mills ‘26 and offensive linebacker Preston Duman ‘26. While injuries were being taken care of, neither team scored, later in the evening, the game ended around 9 p.m. The Jags ended in a victory 28-0W against the Wolverines. 

“The game definitely gives us momentum to start the season because it builds confidence in winning leading up to the rest of the games we will play. It really helps to go into the next game after winning,” Lyle said.

The Jags record is 1-0. 

The Jags next game will be against Fossil Ridge High School (FRHS) at French Fields Stadium Sept. 6 and kick off will be at 7 p.m. and the theme will be ‘Country Out’. 

Donate to the Rock Online
$125
$5000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Rock Canyon High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment, submit to competitions, travel to events and cover our annual website hosting costs.