Take an hour or two out of your day to enjoy some quality time with the people you care about.
February 13, 2021
Go Out to Dinner: Each restaurant suggested is a different culture of cuisine and atmosphere. For those couples who like to try everything together, these eateries are the perfect places to expand and explore your palette with your partner. For each restaurant recommendation, I’m including the address and directions, the best way to reserve your night, and a dollar amount out of five dollar signs ($) for how pricey it is.
- White Chocolate Grill (8421 Park Meadows Center Dr, Lone Tree, CO 80124) Available for in-person dining, the White Chocolate Grill accepts reservations made online here and by phone call at (303)799-4841. People can also sit outside in table bubbles with their party to ensure that they are secluded in their own safe space. Rate: $$$$$/$$$$$
“I recommend the White Chocolate Grill to couples because they are attacking lots of precautions to keep everyone safe during the pandemic. They’re menu is still the same unlike other restaurants that are sizing down for COVID. With a smaller capacity it feels more private which is perfect for couples,” Paige Howeiler ‘23 said. “I think the bubbles outside of the White Chocolate Grill are a super cool concept and I’m glad they gave that option for outdoor seating especially in the winter. I did not feel in danger of getting the virus while I was there because of the lesser number of people in the restaurant and the use of masks. I haven’t gone to very many restaurants during the pandemic but White Chocolate was one of the best experiences I have had. Going to the White Chocolate Grill during COVID was a positive experience, and I feel like they were doing as much as they could to make it safe,” Howeiler said.
- Empress Dim Sum (825 W Alameda Ave, Denver, CO 802192) Available for walk-ins and by reservation. Rate: $$/$$$$$
“Empress is a romantic place to try authentic Chinese cuisine. It is an exotic restaurant that you and your love interest can enjoy together and try new experiences,” Karisma Leung ‘22 said.
- La Loma (6361 Promenade Pkwy, Castle Rock, CO 80108) Available for walk-ins and by reservation, they offer outside seating on their terrace. Rate: $$$$/$$$$$
“The restaurant had a very romantic seating arrangement for couples and groups. Not to mention they have one of those grills where they cook in front of you,” Michael Quintana ‘22 said. “La Loma has really spaced out tables for social distancing and nice outdoor dining with warm fire pits. All of the staff were fast and wore their masks properly, plus they check temperatures at the entrance to ensure the safety of others inside the restaurant.”
Casual Dates: The little things and small experiences can make for some the most memorable times in one’s life. For those couples who like to try everything together, these activities are the perfect things to try or do with your partner. For each date recommendation, I’m including the address and directions and a dollar amount out of five dollar signs ($) for how pricey it is.
- AMC 24 (103 Centennial Blvd, Highlands Ranch, CO 80129) The AMC Theatres are now open to people who want to spend more money on concessions than actual movie tickets. However, some movie times are down in prices by 10% – 40% due to theatres not being as popular since the beginning of the pandemic. Not only do they show movies where you can reserve your seating in advance to ensure you are keeping away from others but parties can rent out an entire room for groups of 1-20 for a private screening. Rate: $$/$$$$$
“I think going to the movie theater is a good date because you and your partner can share some popcorn, whisper dumb jokes to each other, and try not to laugh during the cheesy parts. Afterwards you can grab dinner and talk about the movie. My preferred movie to see would be ‘Toy Story 3’ because nothing says romance like getting anxious about college,” Nate Strobel ‘21 said.
- Skate City (5801 S Lowell Way, Littleton, CO 80123) Open for free skate, couples or groups can go to Skate City to roll the night away. Following the state’s COVID-19 guidelines, the rink has instituted a mask rule and for different parties to distance at least six feet away from each other. Rate: $/$$$$$
“Skate City is the perfect date for Valentine’s Day because you can mess around with your partner, show off your expert skating skills, and potentially fall and have your date swoop you off your feet. I mean, what more can you ask for?… Hopefully they catch you,” Leia Foster ‘22 said.
- Hot Pots (2570 West Main Street Littleton, CO 80120) Peaceful and serene, painting is something that people can do to boost their creative quotient. Each party gets their own table and they sanitize every paintbrush and bottle after use. After creating your masterpiece, you can pick it up in one week so that Hot Pots can bisque fire it and set the paint so it doesn’t wash off. Rate $$$$/$$$$$
“You get to appreciate the artistry and the perspective of the art piece. You get to share the meaning of the art to your significant other. It’s something that can spark deeper meaning with someone you care about,” Colin Wright ‘21 said.
At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what you do or how much money you and your partner spend on each other. All that really matters is the time and effort you put into the love you give.