Recent Scores
  • Apr 22 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 13, Mullen High School - 3
  • Apr 19 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, Chatfield High School - 5
  • Apr 18 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 7, Cheyenne Mountain High School - 8
  • Apr 16 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, ThunderRidge High School - 3
  • Apr 15 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, ThunderRidge High School - 20
  • Apr 15 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 15, ThunderRidge High School - 5
  • Apr 13 / JV Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 2
  • Apr 13 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 6, Grandview High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys VolleyballRock Canyon High School - 0, Ponderosa High School - 3
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

Decided, Committed, Signed

13 Jags take part in National Signing Day to continue their sport at the collegiate level.
media by Quinn Barton
Utah Valley University baseball commit Adam Smith ’24, University of California San Diego baseball commit Austin Bowker ’24 and St. Mary’s University MN basketball commit Daniel Cabeen ’24 and more sign their letters of intent to play collegiate sports during Signing Day Nov. 8. Smith and Bowker were the only two baseball players to commit, and Cabeen was the only basketball player to sign.

The clock reads 6:45 a.m. Nov. 8. Students, friends, family and teachers alike shuffle into the cafeteria, finding seats and reading through pamphlets offered at the door.

The clock strikes 7 a.m. on National Signing Day, and the future of the 13 Jaguars committing to play collegiate sports, begins.

Colorado Mesa University (CMU) soccer commit Olivia Barrett ‘24 shakes Athletic Director and Assistant Principal Tom Brieske’s hand in the gym during National Signing Day Nov. 8. A total of 13 students signed to play sports including baseball, volleyball, beach volleyball, swimming, basketball and soccer in college. “During Signing Day, it felt really awesome to put my name down and represent the Mesa beach team at Rock Canyon,” CMU beach volleyball commit Ava Blanco ‘24 said. “I am the first collegiate beach athlete to commit [from] Rock Canyon, so that was super exciting. Also, to know that I’m officially signing to such an awesome college [is exciting].” (media by Quinn Barton)
To start off the ceremony, Athletic Director and Assistant Principal Tom Brieske began with a speech to all the athletes.

This year was the first time in school history that a fall signing ceremony was held instead of just the usual winter and spring ceremonies, due to the record-breakingly large number of senior athletes signing.

Then, each coach took time to speak about each of their athletes individually. Pens were put to paper while photographs were taken of each student and Principal Andrew Abner made the closing speech, thanking the athletes, coaches and families for their support.

After the athletes finished signing, they celebrated with their friends and families with donuts, photos in their college gear and more.

See the list of all 13 commits below:

Baseball
Austin Bowker – University of California San Diego
Adam Smith – Utah Valley University

Basketball
Daniel Cabeen – St. Mary’s University of Minnestota

Beach Volleyball
Ava Blanco – Colorado Mesa University

Soccer
Oliva Barrett – Colorado Mesa University
Nicola Fraser – University of California Los Angeles
Clara Geuzaine – University of San Diego
Grace Rossner – Princeton University
Charlotte Strabel – Colorado College

Softball
Sydney Boulaphinh – Stanford University

Swimming
Gabi Dyer – University of Kansas
Abigail Wood – Niagara University

Indoor Volleyball
Addie Waller – University of Northern Colorado

The next Signing Day takes place Feb. 7, 2024.