Recent Scores
  • Apr 22 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 13, Mullen High School - 3
  • Apr 19 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, Chatfield High School - 5
  • Apr 18 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 7, Cheyenne Mountain High School - 8
  • Apr 16 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, ThunderRidge High School - 3
  • Apr 15 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, ThunderRidge High School - 20
  • Apr 15 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 15, ThunderRidge High School - 5
  • Apr 13 / JV Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 2
  • Apr 13 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 6, Grandview High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys VolleyballRock Canyon High School - 0, Ponderosa High School - 3
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

Follow Us on Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

the Rock (@rcrockmedia) • Instagram photos and videos

Follow Us on Twitter

A Guy and A Guitar

Crypts of Golgotha and its guitarist, Dominik Dworak ‘24
media by photo courtesy of Dominik Dworak ’24
Dominik Dworak ‘24 plays his guitar near a fog machine at Seventh Circle Oct. 20. The name, Crypts of Golgotha, was created by their drummer, which they all agreed would be a good name for the band. “Our singer and guitarist’s name is Gabe, and I’ve known him since March of 2022. The drummer is his brother, Joaquin, and I’ve known him since last summer,” Dworak said.

Learning to play an instrument can be an exciting experience for someone, especially if that person has a huge passion for music. 

Dominik Dworak ‘24, a guitarist for death metal band Crypts of Golgotha, has played guitar since he was in grade six. He’s a man with experience with gigs and a passion for playing the guitar.

“I think we have around 10 or 11 songs, and I think they’re all good,” Dworak said. “I just really enjoy music and making music, and I wanted to share this interest with people who have similar music tastes.”

Crypts of Golgotha has done many gigs, such as at Seventh Circle Music Collective and 97, both of which are venue locations for small bands to host shows.

“We’ve never really done any sort of competitions, as most of the time we just play live, like normal shows,” Dworak said. “My favorite place to perform is Seventh Circle Music Collective, in Denver.”

One of Dworak’s major responsibilities in the band is writing songs with his bandmates. Currently, they’re working on two demos.

“I can also play drums, but not too well,” Dworak said.

Dominik Dworak ‘24 plays his guitar at 97, a building where musicians can perform, while his bandmates play the drums and the guitar May 13. Dworak has played guitar since he was in grade six, and has since improved in music and gigs. “I think sometimes our live performances could get a little better, you know, but I know we’re getting better,” Dworak said. (media by photo courtesy of Dominik Dworak ‘24)

Dworak and his bandmates want to keep growing the band, as long as nothing else gets in the way. 

“I want to play as long as I can since I don’t have anything else going on, so just as long as it works out,” Dworak said.

Crypts of Golgotha is always making new songs and can be found on streaming platforms such as Spotify.

“Don’t do anything just because someone wants you to do it. Like, if you’re gonna do something, do it because you want to and stay true to who you want to be,” Dworak said.

Their next show will be at Seventh Circle Music Collective from 7 p.m. to 11:45 p.m. Dec. 30