Recent Scores
  • Feb 21 / Varsity Boys BasketballRock Canyon High School - 67, Rocky Mountain High School - 42
  • Feb 20 / Varsity Girls BasketballRock Canyon High School - 49, Erie High School - 30
  • Feb 17 / Varsity WrestlingRock Canyon High School - DNP, State -
  • Feb 16 / Varsity Boys BasketballRock Canyon High School - 59, Chaparral High School - 72
  • Feb 16 / Varsity WrestlingRock Canyon High School - DNP, State -
  • Feb 15 / Varsity Girls BasketballRock Canyon High School - 60, Chaparral High School - 37
  • Feb 15 / Varsity WrestlingRock Canyon High School - DNP, State -
  • Feb 15 / Varsity Boys Ice HockeyRock Canyon High School - 4, Dakota Ridge High School - 0
  • Feb 13 / Varsity Girls BasketballRock Canyon High School - 63, Heritage High School - 35
  • Feb 13 / Varsity Boys BasketballRock Canyon High School - 70, Heritage High School - 44
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

Follow Us on Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

the Rock (@rcrockmedia) • Instagram photos and videos

Follow Us on Twitter

A Battle of the Bands Update

Battle of the Bands remains postponed.
media by Media courtesy of Happy Crew
The graphic displays the Battle of the Bands advertising poster with a “POSTPONED” sign over it. The event was cancelled in November, with no specific future date announced.

Happy Crew’s annual Battle of the Bands was set to take place Nov. 20, 2023.

The competition between Douglas County High School (DCSD) middle and high school student-led bands was planned to take place at a nearby lounge. Winning bands would be allowed to use and play at an official recording studio for a session.

“Battle of the Bands started in 2007, with many teen bands interested in the competition. We had Isaac Slade from ‘The Fray’ as our mentor, so we went with it,” Happy Crew sponsor and leader Amy Mays said. 

However, this year’s event was canceled due to a lack of participation, with no future date in sight.

Now, Happy Crew plans to reschedule the Battle of the Bands in the late spring or summer. Until then, there will be new announcements informing teens about the competition on the Happy Crew Instagram, @happycrewco, and on their website, www.thehappycrew.org