Recent Scores
  • May 1 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 12, Heritage High School - 2
  • Apr 30 / JV BaseballRock Canyon High School - 11, Castle View High School - 9
  • Apr 30 / Varsity Boys VolleyballRock Canyon High School - 0, Grandview High School - 3
  • Apr 30 / Varsity Track and FieldRock Canyon High School - 9, Niwot Invite - 35
  • Apr 29 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, Pine Creek High School - 6
  • Apr 27 / Varsity Track and FieldRock Canyon High School - Third, Liberty Bell Invite - 55
  • Apr 27 / Varsity Track and FieldRock Canyon High School - Did Not Place, Randall Hess Roughrider Invite -
  • Apr 26 / JV Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 2, Erie High School - 3
  • Apr 26 / Varsity Track and FieldRock Canyon High School - Third, Liberty Bell Invite - 55
  • Apr 25 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, Palmer Ridge High School - 11
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

Follow Us on Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

the Rock (@rcrockmedia) • Instagram photos and videos

Follow Us on Twitter

A Battle of the Bands Update

Battle of the Bands remains postponed.
media by Media courtesy of Happy Crew
The graphic displays the Battle of the Bands advertising poster with a “POSTPONED” sign over it. The event was cancelled in November, with no specific future date announced.

Happy Crew’s annual Battle of the Bands was set to take place Nov. 20, 2023.

The competition between Douglas County High School (DCSD) middle and high school student-led bands was planned to take place at a nearby lounge. Winning bands would be allowed to use and play at an official recording studio for a session.

“Battle of the Bands started in 2007, with many teen bands interested in the competition. We had Isaac Slade from ‘The Fray’ as our mentor, so we went with it,” Happy Crew sponsor and leader Amy Mays said. 

However, this year’s event was canceled due to a lack of participation, with no future date in sight.

Now, Happy Crew plans to reschedule the Battle of the Bands in the late spring or summer. Until then, there will be new announcements informing teens about the competition on the Happy Crew Instagram, @happycrewco, and on their website, www.thehappycrew.org