the Rock Online

Basketball Headed to Playoffs

The student section anticipates a three pointer during the Wednesday night Sweet Sixteen game, Feb. 28, against Eaglecrest High School.  After a hard-fought game and one overtime, Rock Canyon boys varsity basketball won the game 65 to 64.

The student section anticipates a three pointer during the Wednesday night Sweet Sixteen game, Feb. 28, against Eaglecrest High School. After a hard-fought game and one overtime, Rock Canyon boys varsity basketball won the game 65 to 64.

photo by Olivia Allen

photo by Olivia Allen

by Olivia Allen, Reporter

The Rock Canyon students section enthusiastically raise their arms, waiting for a three pointer during the fourth quarter of the Wednesday night playoff game Feb. 28.  

“My favorite part [about the game] was that it was so close and everyone was super into it” Avery Beilstein 20’ said.  

With a large coward always there to support, for some Rock Canyon students this is this is the first game they’ve seen.  

“Last night was the first game I’ve been able to go to because I had to work and sports, but I loved every second of it and I’m excited to see the next game,” Rylie Thulin 20’ said.  

For many years, the boys varsity basketball program has been excelling in their division and in the process has brought a sense of unity to the Rock Canyon students.

“My favorite part of basketball is being so close to the court and how the school gathers up and comes together for this sport,” Beilstein said.