Recent Scores
  • May 1 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 12, Heritage High School - 2
  • Apr 30 / JV BaseballRock Canyon High School - 11, Castle View High School - 9
  • Apr 30 / Varsity Boys VolleyballRock Canyon High School - 0, Grandview High School - 3
  • Apr 30 / Varsity Track and FieldRock Canyon High School - 9, Niwot Invite - 35
  • Apr 29 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, Pine Creek High School - 6
  • Apr 27 / Varsity Track and FieldRock Canyon High School - Third, Liberty Bell Invite - 55
  • Apr 27 / Varsity Track and FieldRock Canyon High School - Did Not Place, Randall Hess Roughrider Invite -
  • Apr 26 / JV Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 2, Erie High School - 3
  • Apr 26 / Varsity Track and FieldRock Canyon High School - Third, Liberty Bell Invite - 55
  • Apr 25 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, Palmer Ridge High School - 11
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

Manhattan at Mile High

The basics on this year’s prom, hosted by Student Council
media by Ally Kelley
A graphic of the skyline reads “RC Goes to NYC” to introduce the article.

Prom is around the corner, and Student Council (StuCo) has announced that the prom theme this year will be “RC goes to NYC” on their Instagram, @rcstuco.

In a poll conducted by @rcrockmedia on Instagram, out of 60 students, 77% said “yes” and 23% voted “no” on if they liked the theme.

“I thought it would be cool, and I am excited to see how that is going to make it work,” Kylie Chavez ’25 said. 

Prom takes place April 27 from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m at the Mile High Station. Tickets are available at MySchoolBucks for $40, however, they can be purchased at the door for $50. The parking and venue fee is another $10. Guest forms can be found in the main office or on the Activities/Forms & Resources page via the school website. 

“I’m not really sure to what it is relevant to, but I think it would be cool. I mean, I have always [wanted] to go to New York,” Chavez said. 

After Prom takes place at the school from 11:30 p.m. to 3 a.m. This year’s theme is “Rockin’ Rewind,” with sections based on the 1920s Great Gatsby, 1950s Rock N Roll Diner, 1980s Neon and 1990s Hip Hop.

Tickets, which can also be found on MySchoolBucks, are $15 for seniors and $20 for juniors and guests. Purchase of a ticket includes access to free food, drinks, a casino, Senior Hall, karaoke, mini golf, laser tag, a velcro wall, tattoos, the raffle, a coffee bar and more.