Recent Scores
  • May 6 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 17, Highlands Ranch High School - 1
  • May 1 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 12, Heritage High School - 2
  • Apr 30 / JV BaseballRock Canyon High School - 11, Castle View High School - 9
  • Apr 30 / Varsity Boys VolleyballRock Canyon High School - 0, Grandview High School - 3
  • Apr 30 / Varsity Track and FieldRock Canyon High School - 9, Niwot Invite - 35
  • Apr 29 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, Pine Creek High School - 6
  • Apr 27 / Varsity Track and FieldRock Canyon High School - 3rd, Liberty Bell Invite - 55
  • Apr 27 / Varsity Track and FieldRock Canyon High School - Did Not Place, Randall Hess Roughrider Invite -
  • Apr 26 / JV Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 2, Erie High School - 3
  • Apr 26 / Varsity Track and FieldRock Canyon High School - 3rd, Liberty Bell Invite - 55
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

Step-by-Step for the Special Night: Cuisine Scenes

Restaurants that EAT on Prom night
media by Claire Yeater
A visual depicts a set dining spot surrounded by the words “Step-by-Step for the Special Night” to introduce part two of the three-part Prom series.

You and your friends are on the dance floor at Prom. You’re having a blast. Pitbull’s “Time of Our Lives” flows throughout the room, and lights of all different colors hit your face. But, wait, something feels wrong.

You’re losing energy because you’re at Prom on an empty stomach!

Don’t let this happen to you. If you still don’t have your dinner plans decided, you’ve come to the right place!

Without further ado, let’s explore some dining options for before the dance:

1. Maggiano’s — 7401 S Clinton St, Englewood, CO 80112

Speaking from experience, this place is fairly easy to get a reservation for the week of Prom. It does, however, depend on the size of your group. I had about six people in my group last year and was able to obtain a reservation only about two days prior to the dance. If you have a larger group, it may be a bit more difficult to find a reservation time that fits your liking. On their restaurant website, it shows on the digital reservations a maximum group option of 14. The reservation times cut off at 5 p.m. and they’re booked until 8:45 p.m. No matter what, I think this is a place with incredible Italian cuisine and there are a wide variety of dishes, so there is something for everyone! According to Delish, some of their most popular dishes include fettuccine alfredo, beef tenderloins and Italian meatballs. The best part is that it’s on the way to Mile High Station, so you won’t be far from the dance venue. 

2. Fogo De Chao — 1513 Wynkoop St, Denver, CO 80202

According to OpenTable, Fogo De Chao has reservation times open between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. I, myself, have never dined here. However, I have had Brazilian cuisine before and it is very delicious. Something I would like to add is this restaurant is rated $$ out of $$$$ on OpenTable, which means around $30.00 or below per person. Similar to Maggiano’s, this spot is close to Mile High Station, so it shouldn’t be too far of a drive. According to OpenTable, their most popular dishes include Wagyu Ancho (rib eye), churrasco and mashed potatoes.

3. ViewHouse — 2015 Market St, Denver, CO 80205

This is where my group plans to go. I have never been, but their menu seems to have something for everyone. They have tacos, pizza, burgers, pasta and wings. Google ranks this spot as $$ as well, which I think is probably pretty typical if you’re looking for a restaurant that is a little dressier and upscale. Looking at photos of this restaurant, it seems to be a fairly casual setting with a rooftop overlooking Denver from Highway I-25 and yard games like cornhole to play while waiting for your meal. According to their website, they have reservations all throughout the evening for large groups, so booking reservations should not be a large issue. 

4. Fontana Sushi — 534 E Alameda Ave, Denver, CO 80209

If sushi is your thing, perhaps this is the restaurant you’re destined to visit on Prom night. Almost all of their dishes are between $10.00 to $20.00. According to DoorDash, their most popular dishes include California rolls, gyoza and miso soup. OpenTable says that large groups of people are capable of making reservations all throughout the night, so booking reservations should not be difficult for this restaurant either.

5. McDonald’s — 505 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80203

YES, I said McDonald’s. Personally, I think this is a fun idea if you’re ballin’ on a budget, but still want to go to Prom full of food. This is also a quick option that requires no reservation. You can even eat it in your car! After all, who wouldn’t want to treat themselves to a good old milkshake, burger and fries. 

I sure hope these suggestions will help you fulfill your dining experience for the big night this coming Saturday. Don’t forget to purchase your tickets for the dance, which are $40.00 online and $50.00 at the door. Tickets for After Prom are $15.00 for seniors and $20.00 for juniors and guests. Happy dining!