On the Field: Powder Puff Photo Recap

Get on the ground with Powder Puff’s action. The annual female-football event ended with the Class of ’21 winning.

After Molly McEowen handed her the ball, Jenna Lakomy runs an offensive play for the senior team Sept. 18. Lakomy and the seniors did not win their final game against the juniors.

by Amanda Brauchler, Editor in Chief

photo by Amanda Brauchler
Arianna Sanchez ’21 attempts to escape freshman players trying to take her flag Sept. 18 at Shea Stadium. Powder Puff, the annual homecoming event, resulted in the junior class beating the seniors 22-6.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
Sammy Bumann ’21 congratulates Sage Sewell ’21 on her touchdown during their first game against the sophomore team during Powder Puff Sept. 18. After beating the sophomore team, the juniors played in the finals against the seniors. Eventually, the junior team beat the reigning senior team 22-6.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
After celebrating the junior’s first win of the night, juniors Sean Hicks and Jojo Pearson yell down at their team from the student section Sept. 18. At Shea Stadium, the juniors sat on the northeast part of the stands, while the freshman, sophomores and families sat in the middle, and the seniors sat on the southeast side.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
Senior Jackson Teets yells during the seniors’ first game against the freshman Sept. 18. In the senior section, some students brought loud air horns to blast throughout the night during exciting plays.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
Senior team captain, Akash Devamadhavan, throws his fist in the air after a senior first down Sept. 18. Akash lead the senior Powder Puff team because he is a player on the Varsity football team.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
Molly McEowen ’20 plays her final Powder Puff game as quarterback against the Class of 2021. The seniors scored one touchdown during their final game against the juniors.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
photo by Amanda Brauchler
Reagan Oates ’21 displays her face paint while on the sidelines during the senior’s game against the freshman Sept. 18. Oates was part of the winning junior team. “We are so excited,” Oates said after the win. “The energy was ecstatic for both the seniors and juniors. We were both just so happy to be out there and really excited to play for our homecoming.”
photo by Amanda Brauchler
A freshman team captain bites his nails while watching the freshman lose to the seniors during his first Powder Puff Sept. 18.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
Seniors celebrate their first touchdown against the freshman team Sept. 18. After beating the freshman, the seniors lost the final against the juniors 22-6.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
Sophomore Allison Willner smiles while talking to her friend, Frankie Stroud during the Powder Puff game at Shea Stadium Sept. 18. The theme for sophomores was camouflage.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
In the junior section, Sean Hicks and Alec Mikolajczak cheer during the juniors’ game against the sophomores at the annual Powder Puff. The juniors won the entire night after beating the seniors 22-6 in the final. “It was intense up there [in the stands],” Josh Roy ’21 said. “I love the energy.”
photo by Amanda Brauchler
Kellan Walsh ’21 hugs her friend Taryn Pratte ’21 to congratulate her Powder Puff win. Pratte could not play with her team in the final due to her injury during their first game against the sophomores.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
Junior team captain, Jake Likes, coaches players during a time out in their final game against the seniors. The juniors beat the seniors 22-6 and rushed the field to celebrate their win. “[I’m] really happy we took home the championship this year,” Likes said. “[Our team] played really well all together; super solid team fundamentally.”
photo by Amanda Brauchler
While watching her team play their first game against the freshman, Amanda Banks ’20 smiles on the sidelines Sept. 18. Banks and the seniors eventually ranked second at the end of the night, losing to the junior team 22-8.