Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

Wish Kits and Other Ways to Donate

April 3, 2021

Student Council will be selling Wish Kits consisting of the 2021 Wish Week shirt, a sticker, and a lanyard. The packs will go on sale for $10.00 March 31 during both lunches.

Students and families can also donate directly through MySchoolBucks.

Not only are these featured food outlets a way to contribute but another way to directly deposit was the Make-A-Wish Colorado Cane’s and Community Matching Video Contest. Voting through donation closed March 31 at 11:59 p.m. Rock Canyon competed against other Colorado schools fundraising to reach a goal of $5,000.00 overall. Rock Canyon took first place with $19,418.21 out of a total $45,023.22. Watch the RCHS Canes & Community Video Contest 2021 submission.  

“I think it’s important to donate to any good cause. It’s a way to be selfless and give back to the community who otherwise couldn’t support themselves on their own.” Colin Wright ‘21 said. “It’s a way to unite everyone with a shared common goal of helping each other out in a time of need and desperation. Cane’s having their own competition within the state is nice because it shows the support they have for hard times.” 

Even though Wish Week has been altered, it does not change the competition between classes. Teachers can still initiate “Stall Days” where they collect money from students to earn a free class period. 

“I love the involvement that it promotes with students and getting them to be involved with Wish Week,” math teacher Audry Hunt said. “Since we’ve had more restrictions with banks [doing stall days] is still a great way to get involved with the students and have them look forward to something outside of school work, but still within the school community. I’m excited to see us all come together, especially after a crazy year being separated in different ways. I’m excited to see us come together as a school with everyone here, to do the best that we can.”