Recent Scores
  • Apr 22 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 13, Mullen High School - 3
  • Apr 19 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, Chatfield High School - 5
  • Apr 18 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 7, Cheyenne Mountain High School - 8
  • Apr 16 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, ThunderRidge High School - 3
  • Apr 15 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, ThunderRidge High School - 20
  • Apr 15 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 15, ThunderRidge High School - 5
  • Apr 13 / JV Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 2
  • Apr 13 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 6, Grandview High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys VolleyballRock Canyon High School - 0, Ponderosa High School - 3
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

Follow Us on Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

the Rock (@rcrockmedia) • Instagram photos and videos

Follow Us on Twitter

The Week in Photos: Sept. 23-Sept. 29

This week’s happenings in academics, activities and athletics.
Brooke Hein ‘24 and Hailey Walker ‘24 take a selfie together while riding a party bus to dinner after taking pictures at Cheesman Park Sept. 23. The group took pictures and went to dinner at Maggianos. Later that night, their bus broke down while leaving Top Golf. The group waited 30 minutes for a new bus. “Homecoming was really fun,” Hein said. “I got to dress up and be with all my friends, until our party bus broke down.” Reporting by Abigail Wood (media by Abigail Wood)
Libby Emery ‘24 flips a baghrir, a traditional Algerian pancake, on a portable griddle during Alexis Savas’s second period French 5 Sept. 25. The class studied the film “Monsieur Lazhar” and the French culture in North African countries, ending the unit by each bringing in a homemade dessert that originated from Algeria, Tunisia or Morocco. “Baghrir is like a pancake, but it’s thinner and doesn’t use as many ingredients. It took me like 10 minutes to make the batter and 20 minutes to make all the pancakes,” Emery said. “My favorite food [from another student] that I ate was the baklava.” Reporting by Claire Bauer (media by Claire Bauer)
Model UN members undergo a practice simulation council during a meeting Sept. 25. Members were given background information on a real-life issue and proceeded to create a position paper through research, summarizing their thoughts on what actions would be best to take when resolving the problem. They then presented their writings through public speech. “The delegates this year are going to do great. I have confidence that we will excel in future conferences,” Model UN President Jonathan Duong ‘26 said. Reporting by Bella Lin (media by Bella Lin)
Stella Catalano ‘24, playing Irena Synkova, checks for a tattooed number on the wrist of Lily Moon ‘24, playing Raja Englanderova during the final dress rehearsal of the fall play “I Never Saw Another Butterfly” Sept. 26. Opening night took place 7 p.m. Sept. 28, followed by two more nights of the play Sept. 29 and 30. Tickets were $5 for students and $7 for adults. The play followed Jewish children and families in Prague during the Holocaust, and featured real characters, pictures and poems. “Being the lead has been absolutely insane. I want to accurately represent these stories and honor every individual that’s mentioned in the show, and I’m beyond honored that I get to tell these stories,” Moon said. “Take note of the meanings you see in this play. There are so many interpretations, and take yours to heart. This story is one that needs to be heard, and I hope the audience can really learn from our telling and grow from what they see.” Read the full story here. Reporting by Claire Bauer (media by Claire Bauer)

Zoe Katsoulas ‘26 presses her mooncake into a mold in Jenny Xian’s period seven Chinese IV Sept. 28. The class celebrated the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival, which started Sept. 29, by making mooncakes. ”I liked pressing [the mooncake] in the mold and then seeing the flower design and eating it when I got to eat it,“ classmate Ella Scheichenost ‘26 said. Reporting by Dee Lee (media by Dee Lee)
Quarterback Gavin Neira ‘24 exchanges the ball to wide receiver and cornerback Sam Cuthbert ‘24 during a play against the Highlands Ranch Falcons at Halftime Help Stadium Sept. 28. During the first half, the Jags were down by seven points, with a score of 11-3 at halftime. During halftime, Golden Boy Luke Fischer ‘24 and a Highlands Ranch Barrelman competed in chugging competitions with 24 oz containers of milk. Fischer won the competition. During the second half of the game, the Jaguars were able to score two more touchdowns, with the Falcons only getting two field goals in the last quarter. The game ended with a Jaguar win, 20-17. “[The game] was frustrating,” Cuthbert said. “We know we are a lot better than that and we came out flat, so that’s what happens.” Read the full story here. Reporting by Abigail Wood (media by Abigail Wood)