Recent Scores
  • Apr 22 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 13, Mullen High School - 3
  • Apr 19 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, Chatfield High School - 5
  • Apr 18 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 7, Cheyenne Mountain High School - 8
  • Apr 16 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, ThunderRidge High School - 3
  • Apr 15 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, ThunderRidge High School - 20
  • Apr 15 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 15, ThunderRidge High School - 5
  • Apr 13 / JV Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 2
  • Apr 13 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 6, Grandview High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys VolleyballRock Canyon High School - 0, Ponderosa High School - 3
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

Follow Us on Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

the Rock (@rcrockmedia) • Instagram photos and videos

Follow Us on Twitter

The Week in Photos: Sept. 30-Oct. 6

Photos from around the school to start off October.
Owen Williams ‘25 holds a stick coated in a copper mixture over a Bunsen burner to complete a Chemistry lab Oct. 2. Students in Brandon Hommel’s Chemistry recorded the flame colors of various metals to better understand the differences in energy between types of ions. “[The lab] was really fun because I got to see a lot of cool colors and reactions,” Williams said. “I really liked the [copper reaction].” Reporting by River Brown (media by River Brown)
Quinn Brant ‘24 turns in her cap and gown order form as she grabs her tassel from the Josten’s table by the main entrance Oct. 3. Seniors filled out their paperwork to order a cap and gown for graduation. The order included different graduation packs available at different prices, which also included other accessories such as jewelry, apparel, keepsakes and gifts. “It’s kind of scary to think that I’m a senior already and graduating this year, but it’s really exciting at the same time,” Brant said. Reporting by Claudia Llado (media by Claudia Llado)

Varsity softball catcher Karley Hackert ‘25 catches a ball during the second inning in the home game against Chaparral High School Oct. 3. Before the game, the team celebrated Senior Night. Sydney Boulaphinh ’24, Julia Hay ’24 and Ally Cartwright ’24 received flowers and a rock painted with their name and number to celebrate their last home game with the team. Then, younger players took turns giving speeches, and the seniors sang the national anthem. The final score of the game was 10-20 L. “The [painted] rocks [have] been a tradition to remember all the past players. By leaving the rocks on the field, they know they will always be a part of Rock Canyon,” Boulaphinh said. “The team was very emotional due to it being our senior game and it was hard to refocus. I went all out for our last home game and the team tried their best. They fought for the seniors.” Read the full story here. Reporting by Claire Bauer (media by Claire Bauer)
Cassie Watkins ‘25 gets tinsel in her hair during the Career Fair, Oct. 5. The Stacey James Institute, a school focusing on cosmetology, offered free hair tinsel in addition to information about their program. “I really like the [Career Fair],” Watkins said. “I like that there’s so many [places] you can go check out [and find] what you’re interested in.” Reporting by River Brown (media by River Brown)
After the game, varsity captain and middle linebacker Brady Campbell ’24 talks to the varsity team after the loss to the Mountain Vista Eagles at Douglas County Stadium Oct. 6. Third quarter began with a score of 14-37, but neither team scored any more points for the rest of the game, resulting in a final score of 14-37 L. “In the last minutes of the game, the whole idea was to motivate the team,” Campbell said. “[We] want to work harder for the next game ahead.” Reporting by Abigail Wood (media by Abigail Wood). Read the full story here.