Recent Scores
  • Apr 22 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 13, Mullen High School - 3
  • Apr 19 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, Chatfield High School - 5
  • Apr 18 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 7, Cheyenne Mountain High School - 8
  • Apr 16 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, ThunderRidge High School - 3
  • Apr 15 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, ThunderRidge High School - 20
  • Apr 15 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 15, ThunderRidge High School - 5
  • Apr 13 / JV Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 2
  • Apr 13 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 6, Grandview High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys VolleyballRock Canyon High School - 0, Ponderosa High School - 3
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

Follow Us on Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

the Rock (@rcrockmedia) • Instagram photos and videos

Follow Us on Twitter

The Week in Photos: Dec. 9-Dec. 15

The last week of this semester’s classes wrapped up with food, music and more.
Amelia Solano ‘25 cuts her homemade Bûche de Noël, also known as Yule Log cake, during Alexis Savas’s second period French 5 Dec. 11. Five of 10 students in the class brought in cakes as part of an optional extra credit competition. Solano’s cake, composed of chocolate sheet cake, chocolate ganache, raspberries, white chocolate chips and chocolate shards, won first place in the “Appearance” category. Votes were cast by teacher judges and classmates. “I spent about half a day on my [cake] because I’m a perfectionist. I was very proud of my decorations and I had worked really hard, so winning was very rewarding and I appreciated everyone’s compliments on my bûche,” Solano said. “I loved the whole competition and I really appreciate how Mrs. Savas allows us to do this to connect to French culture.” Reporting by Claire Bauer (media by Claire Bauer)
Mila Cimbura ‘27 sings with the Treble Choir at the rehearsal for the winter concert at St. Andrew United Methodist Church Dec. 11. All four choirs rehearsed for over two hours in preparation for the Winter Concert, which takes place at 7 p.m. tonight at St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church’s Sanctuary. The choirs have been practicing holiday pieces in a variety of languages and tempos since the beginning of second quarter. “My favorite song is ‘Ding Dong! Merrily on High.’ It’s really fun to do the ‘Gloria’ part,” Cimbura said. Although the concert is free entry, the choir program is accepting donations for Knock Knock Angels. Reporting by Gabe Mascitti (media by Gabe Mascitti)
During a Naming Ionic Compounds Lab in Honors Chemistry, Puja Kotapati ‘26 adds drops of ionic compound potassium ferrocyanide into a sample of ionic compound strontium chloride Dec. 12. In the lab, students mixed different ionic compounds together, observing the chemical reactions and changes that occurred. Afterwards, students used the cations and anions of the ionic compounds in the experiment to find the chemical formulas and names of a new set of ionic compounds. “It was cool seeing the reactions, as you don’t expect a bright color from a clear liquid,” Kotapati said. Reporting by Bella Lin (media by Bella Lin)
Maksym Ivanenko ‘25 lifts weights in period seven Strength and Conditioning Dec. 13. Ivanenko worked on his bench press form. “I will probably spend lots of time in the weight room Ivanenko ‘25 said. “I love it, there’s nothing else that needs to be added to the weight room. Everything I need is in the weight room.” Reporting by Will Rosenmeyer and Preston Duman (media by Preston Duman)
Chloe Bishop ‘24 gets a fountain drink before heading into the theater at the Highlands Ranch AMC Dec. 13. The SSN class went on a field trip to watch “The Grinch.” During Access, the class ran a candy cart in the main hall to raise money for the class to use for projects and field trips. “I liked the movie. I liked eating popcorn. And I liked having everyone together,” Bishop said. Reporting by Gabe Mascitti (media by Gabe Mascitti)
Claire Yeater ‘24 she studies for finals while wearing an ugly sweater Dec. 15. Yeater and other students wore ugly sweaters for the school’s spirit day to celebrate the last day of school before finals. “My mom bought an ugly sweater for a holiday party she had last weekend, and when I saw the Student Council post about Ugly Sweater Day, I had planned to wear the sweater she bought,” Yeater said. “I also think it’s fun to participate in spirit days, especially since it’s my senior year and I won’t get the opportunity to participate in these kinds of things after I graduate. I’m just trying to make the most of it. I don’t know why people feel so embarrassed to participate in days like these.” Reporting by River Brown (media by River Brown)