Recent Scores
  • Apr 22 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 13, Mullen High School - 3
  • Apr 19 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, Chatfield High School - 5
  • Apr 18 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 7, Cheyenne Mountain High School - 8
  • Apr 16 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, ThunderRidge High School - 3
  • Apr 15 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, ThunderRidge High School - 20
  • Apr 15 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 15, ThunderRidge High School - 5
  • Apr 13 / JV Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 2
  • Apr 13 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 6, Grandview High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys VolleyballRock Canyon High School - 0, Ponderosa High School - 3
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

Follow Us on Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

the Rock (@rcrockmedia) • Instagram photos and videos

Follow Us on Twitter

FRIDAY FACULTY FEATURE: The Leaf is Teaching

Kristin Greenleaf’s adventures teaching in the English Department.
English+teacher+Kristin+Greenleaf+smiles+at+her+desk+during+her+lunch+break+in+room+3300+Nov.+16.+Greenleaf+has+taught+for+15+years%2C+the+last+five+of+which+have+been+at+Rock+Canyon.+%E2%80%9CThe+kids+are+hilarious.+I+love+listening+to+their+ideas+and+the+funny+things+that+come+out+of+their+mouths%2C%E2%80%9D+Greenleaf+said.+
media by Gabe Mascitti
English teacher Kristin Greenleaf smiles at her desk during her lunch break in room 3300 Nov. 16. Greenleaf has taught for 15 years, the last five of which have been at Rock Canyon. “The kids are hilarious. I love listening to their ideas and the funny things that come out of their mouths,” Greenleaf said.

Before even stepping out of the fluorescent hallway lights into the calming lights of room 3300, your eyes are drawn to Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson with the caption “Can you learn what the Leaf is teaching???” 

Right in front of that poster, Kristin Greenleaf sits at her desk smiling and greeting students.

Greenleaf has taught English II and III at this school for five years and has taught for 15 years overall.  

“[I] just hang out with my dog and my daughter. I have a dog. His name is Cyrus. He’s a Great Dane. He looks like Scooby Doo, so he’s pretty cute,” Greenleaf said. 

But, she almost didn’t teach English at all. 

“It was either this or PE, and I couldn’t decide. I just went with English because I love reading and I was good at writing. But I always wanted to be a teacher. Forever. I would play ‘teacher’ when I was a kid,” Greenleaf said.

Her love of books and sports are both still going strong. 

“I love to read,” Greenleaf said. “I love to read non-fiction, usually New York Times bestsellers, but I don’t like cop dramas or mysteries. I think The Giving Tree is my favorite book. I love that book.”

Sports are still a big part of her life. 

“I swim on an adult swim team,” Greenleaf said. “I love the Broncos, even though they aren’t doing well. I love the Avs.” 

Greenleaf also loves high school sports here at Rock Canyon. 

“I love watching volleyball. I’ve never been to a boys game before, I need to, but man, the girls are so fun to watch. They’re so good. And football is always fun,” Greenleaf said. “I definitely like going and watching the kids in their elements, because when you’re telling them what to do in class they’re usually not as happy as when they’re competing in a sport that they enjoy.”

Ms. Greenleaf not only enjoys seeing kids outside of class but inside class too. 

“The kids are hilarious. I love listening to their ideas and the funny things that come out of their mouths. I feel like adults often filter their questions before they come out, where students, when they get comfortable with you, they just come out with questions that are a lot of times shocking but fun,” Greenleaf said. 

Karlie Rinker ‘24 has Greenleaf for English III.

“It’s amazing. Sometimes we get to watch movies. It’s supposed to be a really hard class, but she makes it fun and easy,” Rinker said.