Recent Scores
  • Apr 22 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 13, Mullen High School - 3
  • Apr 19 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, Chatfield High School - 5
  • Apr 18 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 7, Cheyenne Mountain High School - 8
  • Apr 16 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, ThunderRidge High School - 3
  • Apr 15 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, ThunderRidge High School - 20
  • Apr 15 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 15, ThunderRidge High School - 5
  • Apr 13 / JV Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 2
  • Apr 13 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 6, Grandview High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys VolleyballRock Canyon High School - 0, Ponderosa High School - 3
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

Follow Us on Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

the Rock (@rcrockmedia) • Instagram photos and videos

Follow Us on Twitter

The Week in Photos: Jan. 13-Jan. 19

Photos of the three-day week.
The audience claps at the Boettcher Concert Hall in Denver as the Continental League Honor Music Festival wrapped up its performances Jan. 16. The honor league consisted of hundreds of band, orchestra and choir students from 12 Denver metro area schools picked through an audition process. After two months of preparation, the league hosted a concert at the Denver Performing Arts Center to showcase their music. “Continental League was definitely an experience I will never forget, and I will do it again next year,” Continental League Orchestra cellist Jonathan Duong ‘26 said. (media by Dee Lee)
Varsity guard Owen Creeden ’24 pushes against a Douglas County player in attempt to get a basket Jan. 16. Creeden was third in most points scored during the game, with 12 points. The final score of the game was 79-74 W. “We were very happy with our performance in the first half but the second half was one of the worst we’ve had,” Creeden said. “We just have to keep high energy and concentration the whole game, which has been a struggle the whole year for us.” (media by Abigail Wood)
Jumping for the ball, senior Emily Feiman attempts to gain control of the ball at the start of the game against the Douglas County High School Huskies Jan. 16. The final score of the game was 60-19 W. “We try not to worry about the amount of people who come to our games,” varsity shooting guard and captain Sarah Davis ’24 said. “It’s hard not always receiving the recognition we work for. I definitely think there needs to be change, I never really understood the stigma against women’s sports. Our program sees other schools supporting their girl teams and it’s hard. 80% of our student body doesn’t know we are a fifth ranked team.” (media by Abigail Wood)
Hannah Zhang ‘26 looks through a microscope to observe a sample of algae during the Water Quality Activities Lab in AP Environmental Science Jan. 17. Students studied different types of algae through magnified lenses, drew photos of what they saw using colored pencils and wrote down facts about different kinds of algae. Through the lab, they learned how these organisms could affect water quality and how it could be altered. “It was really cool being able to see the algae and learn about how it affects water quality,” Zhang said. “I never knew such a small thing could make such a big difference.” (media by Bella Lin)
Varsity captain and swimmer Gabi Dyer ‘24 comes up for air during the last JV/Varsity girls’ dual swim meet against Heritage High School at Northridge Rec Center Jan. 18. JV won 103-66 and varsity lost 102-68. This was the last dual meet of the season, with the senior celebration ceremony held on Jan. 21 to celebrate the team’s 13 seniors. “I’ve been swimming for 11 or 12 years,” Dyer said. The next meet will be C-Leagues at Regis Jesuit High School Jan. 26. (media by Em Carls)
Patryk Zalewski ‘25 swings a bowling ball down the lane in the hopes of securing a spare at Student Council’s Bowlero Event Jan. 19. Zalewski used a heavier 10 lb. ball, as it would yield better direction control in order to knock down the remaining center pins. “So far, I’ve bowled about five strikes tonight, but I definitely hit my stride when I made two in a row,” Zalewski said. (media by Aditya Khanolkar)