Recent Scores
  • Apr 22 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 13, Mullen High School - 3
  • Apr 19 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, Chatfield High School - 5
  • Apr 18 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 7, Cheyenne Mountain High School - 8
  • Apr 16 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, ThunderRidge High School - 3
  • Apr 15 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, ThunderRidge High School - 20
  • Apr 15 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 15, ThunderRidge High School - 5
  • Apr 13 / JV Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 2
  • Apr 13 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 6, Grandview High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys VolleyballRock Canyon High School - 0, Ponderosa High School - 3
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

Follow Us on Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

the Rock (@rcrockmedia) • Instagram photos and videos

Follow Us on Twitter

The Week in Photos: Jan. 27-Feb. 2

A look into student life from the end of January and beginning of February.
Kerry Soden ‘25 sings along to U2’s song “Beautiful Day” during their concert at the Las Vegas Sphere Jan. 27. The band took the stage at 8:35 p.m. “My favorite part was seeing how happy my mom was during the whole thing, it made me really happy,” Soden said. (media by photo courtesy of Kerry Soden)
Preeti Khanna ‘25 serves a beach ball during a Sunday workday for the Black and Gold Yearbook and The Rock Online Newspaper Jan. 28. Staff members came into school to work on spreads and agenda items before the start of the new week. “My favorite part about the workday was seeing how focused and driven everyone was on making sure we’re meeting our deadline,” Khanna said. “And I liked how playing volleyball was a really simple but enjoyable thing that we did as a group just to have fun together.” (media by photo courtesy of Kristi Rathbun)
A.J. Parasuram ‘26 watches a video while standing behind Carson Luttman ‘24 at Happy Crew Jan. 30. The video educated Generation Z on how to confront uncomfortable conversations the correct way, and served as a larger part of Happy Crew’s focus to prioritize inclusivity and positivity. “I love going to Happy Crew to connect with my friends that I otherwise wouldn’t see outside of school,” Parasuram said. (media by Aditya Khanolkar)
With his arm around his opponent’s head, varsity wrestling captain Ryan Banks ‘24 competes against a Thomas Jefferson High School wrestler at a home dual meet Jan. 31. Banks wrestled in the 215 weight class and lost 9-8. Before the dual, the team hosted Senior Night, where math teacher and sports commentator Brian Lamb announced the wrestlers’ post-graduation plans and shared their favorite memories from their wrestling careers. The meet ended with a final score of 48-21 L. “A moment that has made wrestling worth it to me this season is when I wrestled at Battle of the Ranch,” Banks said. “Going into the tournament, I had just moved up a weight class, so I wasn’t too sure how it would turn out. However, I ended up pinning two out of [the] three guys [that] I wrestled, and it felt like all [of] my work was finally coming together.”
Katie Dupper ‘24 and Marabelle Cecil ‘24 fold colored squares of paper to make origami during Susanne Petri’s Seminar Feb. 1. Dupper and Cecil made origami butterflies, fortune tellers and ninja stars. “It’s like origami but for dumb people. It’s very fun and very easy,” Dupper said. “Somebody needed a piece of paper and that reminded me that I actually had a stack of origami paper. I felt compelled to create an expandable ninja star. It’s relaxing. It’s therapeutic.”
Megan Khazem ‘24 mixes paint while creating a poster for Key Club’s spring blood drive in the 8000s pod Feb. 1. This year’s theme is My Bloody Valentine. The drive will take place Feb. 7 in the auxiliary gym from 9:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. “Just one donation can save up to three lives and it really only takes about ten to fifteen minutes to get that donation,” Khazem said. “I think it’s 100% worth it to donate blood and help people in need.”
During the varsity boys basketball game at home against Mountain Vista High School (MVHS), shooting guard Mac Terry ‘24 attempts to grab the ball from an opponent Feb. 2. The Jags lost to MVHS 67-54 L. According to MaxPreps, the Jags are now ranked fifth in the state. “We were not ready to play and not playing for a week really effected our momentum but [Mountain Vista] had a great game plan and they executed better then us,” Terry said. “It is the best feeling knowing that there will be a huge [student] section for our games and we can’t thank all the fans enough for coming to our games, they are the best.”