Recent Scores
  • Apr 22 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 13, Mullen High School - 3
  • Apr 19 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, Chatfield High School - 5
  • Apr 18 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 7, Cheyenne Mountain High School - 8
  • Apr 16 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, ThunderRidge High School - 3
  • Apr 15 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, ThunderRidge High School - 20
  • Apr 15 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 15, ThunderRidge High School - 5
  • Apr 13 / JV Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 2
  • Apr 13 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 6, Grandview High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys VolleyballRock Canyon High School - 0, Ponderosa High School - 3
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

Follow Us on Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

the Rock (@rcrockmedia) • Instagram photos and videos

Follow Us on Twitter

The Week in Photos: Feb. 10-Feb. 16

Photos from around the school leading up to President’s Day weekend.
Varsity wrestling captain and state qualifier Noah Jadd ‘26 talks to former Jags wrestling coach, Tim Hill, before wrestling his final match of the regional tournament at Ponderosa High School Feb. 10. Jadd lost by fall in two minutes and 20 seconds to Ponderosa wrestler Jacob Myers ‘24 and placed second overall in the tournament. Jadd will compete at State at Ball Arena from Feb. 15 to Feb. 17. “It was surreal,” Jadd said. “[It was] a great feeling knowing that all of my work paid off. At some points, I questioned myself, doubting if I was good enough. There was a lot of pressure to make it [to] State, but the feeling of pinning my opponent was great, knowing that I made it.” (media by Ella Heimer)
In front of the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex Globe, the JV cheer team shows off their finalist shirts minutes after moving into JV Gameday Finals Feb. 11. JV finished fifth in JV Coed Traditional and Large JV Game Day, while varsity took home seventh in Large Super Varsity Game Day. “Placing fifth place at a national competition is one of the greatest achievements I have earned in my life. The night it was announced that we made Finals was the happiest night of the year. Between the energy in the air from making Finals to a lot of tired teammates, the whole trip was a magical experience,” JV backspot Justin Leugers ‘27 said. (media by photo courtesy of Connie Schubring)
ayden Baker ‘25 draws a heart for his AP Psychology assignment in Katie Lemeshewsky’s class Feb. 13. Students related a vocabulary term from any of the first six units to a Valentine’s Day card pun. Baker’s card said “Are you my Cones? Because you put color into my life,” relating to the cones in eyes that allow eyes to see color. “Psych is a very hard class but it feels great to take a break, especially after taking a quiz to enjoy a fun assignment with my friends,” Baker said. (media by Blake Cartwright)
As the referee blows the whistle to start the match, varsity wrestling captain Noah Jadd ‘26 faces off against Boulder High School wrestler Abe Pomeroy ‘25 in his first match on day one of State Feb. 15. Jadd wrestled in the 144 weight class and lost 20-8, sending him to the first round consolation matches that took place Feb. 16. In his consolation match, Jadd wrestled Chaparral High School wrestler Dominic Cordray ‘25 and lost 5-3, which eliminated him from the tournament. “I was not happy with the outcome I had, but I’m glad I made it to State. I think [in] my first match, I didn’t come out with the fire I usually have but I tried my hardest my second match. I tried my best with everything so I’m not super disappointed,” Jadd said. “[The support] made me feel really great, it added a little bit of pressure but I also felt at home with everybody and having friends and family and stuff [at State]. [Next year], I want to do better. I want to be back here and I want to go farther. I want to get on that podium.”