Mini Mic’d Up

Senior varsity defenseman Sam Ballantine takes on Dakota Ridge High School for the boys ice hockey Senior Night.
On Feb. 15, varsity defenseman Sam Ballantine was mic’d up for the varsity boys ice hockey Senior Night game. Before the game, the team recognized the five seniors on the team. “Being mic’d up on senior night was one experience that I will definitely not forget,” Ballantine said.
media by guest reporter Ashlyn Wenger

Peanut butter and honey, what?

On Feb. 15, varsity defenseman Sam Ballantine was mic’d up for the varsity boys ice hockey Senior Night game.

Before the game, the team recognized the five seniors on the team: defenseman and captain Hunter Berven, forward Maxx Menzies, forward Grant Siroky, defenseman Sam Ballantine and defenseman Hayden Whitesell.

The team played against Dakota Ridge High School (DRHS) for their final game of the season, and beat them 4-0 W.

“Being mic’d up on Senior Night was one experience that I will definitely not forget,” Ballantine said. “Senior night definitely made me realize how much hockey means to me as it is rapidly coming to its end. Hockey has been a major part of my life ever since I was little and its time is fading. I’m ready for the playoffs, I am just gonna go out there and give it all I have as it could be the last hockey game I play.”

Watch the video below to hear Ballantine’s inner hockey thoughts–and something about peanut butter and honey.

media by guest reporter Ashlyn Wenger