Recent Scores
  • Apr 22 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 13, Mullen High School - 3
  • Apr 19 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, Chatfield High School - 5
  • Apr 18 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 7, Cheyenne Mountain High School - 8
  • Apr 16 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, ThunderRidge High School - 3
  • Apr 15 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, ThunderRidge High School - 20
  • Apr 15 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 15, ThunderRidge High School - 5
  • Apr 13 / JV Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 2
  • Apr 13 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 6, Grandview High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys VolleyballRock Canyon High School - 0, Ponderosa High School - 3
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

Follow Us on Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

the Rock (@rcrockmedia) • Instagram photos and videos

Follow Us on Twitter

The Week in Photos: Feb. 17-Feb. 23

Updates from the Jaguar community.
Ali Gustafson ‘24 accepts the “Good Citizen’s Award” in association with the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) at the Castle Pines Library Feb. 17. According to DAR Good Citizen, the award “recognizes and rewards high school seniors who possess the qualities of dependability, service, leadership and patriotism in their homes, schools, and community.” Gustafson was nominated by her counselor and chose to write a two hour timed essay on Nov. 28. “I am extremely grateful to have received this award as it had heavy emphasis [on] dedication and responsibility as well as patriotism. Without my time in yearbook, I would have never been able to speak to how amazing it is to be able to exercise the First Amendment. It also meant the world to have the Kristi Rathbun, Rob Rathbun, Ms. Thomsen, Ms. Dermody and my parents in attendance,” Gustafson said. (media by media courtesy of Kristi Rathbun)
Black & Gold Yearbook and Rock Media Online adviser Kristi Rathbun smiles as she goes to cut her birthday cake Feb. 20. This year, for Rathbun’s birthday, the editorial board for both publications planned a surprise for her. Yearbook Editor Chloe Farson ‘25 bought gifts for Rathbun for her present on behalf of the board Feb. 18. “We bought flowers, pink fuzzy socks, a candle, a mug and a whole bunch of her favorite chocolate. We also got her a big chocolate bundt cake, and River made her a homemade card that we all got to sign. It was so wonderful to get to celebrate her birthday like we did because she always celebrates us and makes birthdays special even when they don’t feel like they are. Her birthday traditions are so fun to watch and to experience,” Farson said. (media by Claire Bauer)
Varsity point guard and shooting guard Brooke Harding ‘25 shoots a layup at home during the first round of playoffs against Erie High School Feb. 20. The girls basketball team won 49-30 W and advanced to the second round against Pine Creek High School (PCHS) Feb. 23. “Our team played really well. It was definitely one of the best games all season. We just really wanted it and I definitely think it showed,” varsity forward Cleo Melville ‘25 said. “I’m just so stoked to be on this team with these girls. I love them all so much. We have worked really hard this season. We practice two hours a day, six days a week, with film and stats sheets. Lots of us also do private training and working out outside of practice too.” (media by Claire Yeater)
With spray paint aimed at a prop for the upcoming musical, Minja Myllynimieni ‘27 and Thaswika Brijesh ‘27 coat the sides of a phone booth with silver paint Feb. 22. Three cans of metallic silver paint were used to paint the prop. Brijesh and Myllynimieni learned how to spray paint just prior to beginning this project. “I feel like when [the set] comes together, all of a sudden everything feels so much better, even if you make mistakes,” Myllynimieni said. “It’s cool, especially when I go watch the actual play and the actors pull it together.” (media by guest reporter Ali Gustafson)