Recent Scores
  • Apr 22 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 13, Mullen High School - 3
  • Apr 19 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, Chatfield High School - 5
  • Apr 18 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 7, Cheyenne Mountain High School - 8
  • Apr 16 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, ThunderRidge High School - 3
  • Apr 15 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, ThunderRidge High School - 20
  • Apr 15 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 15, ThunderRidge High School - 5
  • Apr 13 / JV Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 2
  • Apr 13 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 6, Grandview High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys VolleyballRock Canyon High School - 0, Ponderosa High School - 3
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

Will’s Wish Week Weekend Recommendations

An opinion on the best items to get at this weekend’s Wish Week restaurants.
media by Will Rosenmeyer
A graphic reads “Will’s Wish Week Weekend Recommendations” to introduce the article.

With Wish Week starting up, each day offers different restaurants that have partnered with Student Council to contribute a share of their funds towards the cause.

Today, March 2, the restaurants are Jimmy John’s and Paradise Tavern. Tomorrow, March 3, the restaurants are Ziggi’s Coffee, Chipotle and Paradise Tavern.

My picks are Jimmy John’s for today and Ziggi’s Coffee for tomorrow.

Jimmy John’s

Jimmy John’s is a sandwich place where you can order a sandwich from the menu or customize your own sandwich from scratch. They serve chips and cookies of your choosing on the side.

By going to Jimmy John’s at Park Meadows this Saturday at any time and mentioning Rock Canyon, 20% of your money will go back to our Wish Kid.

My recommendations from the menu:

1. #11 Country Club. For $8.65, get hand-sliced turkey breast, smoked ham and provolone cheese, topped with mayo, fresh-sliced lettuce and tomato in a sandwich. Who wouldn’t want a classic turkey sandwich with ham on top?
  2. #12 Beach Club. Made with delicious hand-sliced turkey breast, provolone cheese and avocado spread, this sandwich is sold for $8.65. This sandwich would be very tasty to eat after a great morning to keep your day going strong.
  3. Chicken Caesar wrap, sold for $9.75. This wrap would be a much-needed meal for lunch. After Walk for Wishes, you’re going to need something with protein and greens–this wrap is perfect. Made with all-natural chicken, shaved parmesan and creamy Caesar dressing and wrapped in a garlic-herb wrap, it is a mix between a sandwich and a salad.

Ziggi’s Coffee

Ziggi’s Coffee is a drive-through and dine-in coffee shop where you can order your coffee or energy drink and add certain customizations to it. Along with that, they have different snacks and treats you can have. On Sunday, March 2 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Ziggi’s Coffee in Castle Pines, if you buy anything, 20% of the proceeds go to the Wish Kid.

My recommendations from the menu:

1. 32-ounce iced Pumpkin Pie Latte. This $8.10 latte would be very filling and an excellent way to start your day.
  2. 32-ounce Colorado Sunshine. Sold for $4.80, the drink is an exceptional refresher and something good to sip on while you eat a burrito.
  3. Chorizo Burrito. This $5.85 burrito is one of my favorites with fluffy eggs, savory chorizo, cheese, potatoes and green chili wrapped up in a perfectly toasted flour tortilla. It’s very good for a nice morning meal and will get your day started on the right foot.

Are you going to one of the Wish Week restaurants this weekend?

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.