Recent Scores
  • Apr 22 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 13, Mullen High School - 3
  • Apr 19 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, Chatfield High School - 5
  • Apr 18 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 7, Cheyenne Mountain High School - 8
  • Apr 16 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, ThunderRidge High School - 3
  • Apr 15 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, ThunderRidge High School - 20
  • Apr 15 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 15, ThunderRidge High School - 5
  • Apr 13 / JV Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 2
  • Apr 13 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 6, Grandview High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys VolleyballRock Canyon High School - 0, Ponderosa High School - 3
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

A Tour of Decorations for Wish Week Celebrations

Embark on a walkthrough of the different Wish Week decorations throughout the school.

Disco balls hang outside of classrooms. Castles made of paper and stickers, and arches made of balloons, decorate doors. Ariel, from Disney’s “The Little Mermaid,” sings on a rock, banners describing spirit days hang from the ceiling and Tiana’s restaurant from Disney’s “The Princess and the Frog” and photos of previous Wish Kids line walls.

Every year, as the school celebrates Wish Week, the school erupts in color as different decorations adorn the hallways and pods.

This year, Seminars were given the chance to contribute to the decorating by decorating their doorways, each one varying in intricacy, detail and theme. 

The RC signs displayed at the front entrance are painted to look like a mermaid tail and princess skirt in support of Wish Week March 6. The sign changed in support of different events and activities going on at school, with the princess skirt and mermaid tale representing Kiki’s Wish. “I love [the decorations] so much, it’s cool to see the school come together to support Kiki,” Gia Corn ‘25 said (media by Avalon Nielsen)
A depiction of a pink-haired mermaid and a tea set rests on the front side of the main staircase March 4. The picture on the stairs was created to represent Kiki’s wish to have a tea party in Hawaii. “My favorite Wish Week decoration is the stairs, I love the depiction of the mermaid and think it’s gorgeous,” Thierry Mack ‘26 said.
Created by Choir teacher Julia Dale’s Seminar class, this door is based off of Disney’s movie “Cinderella.” It featured the fairy godmother, saying “Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo let’s make a WISH come true.” “I think about Disney, I think about, you know, you shoot for the sky. It’s just like something really, really special,” Oosthuizen said.
Posters hang in the main hallway, advertising different activities and spirit days for Wish Week March 1. Each poster was themed to the spirit day and included information about the food and event options for the days represented.
“The Princess and the Frog” themed decorations accessorize the entrance to the 3000s pod March 8. Tiana is one of the many Disney princesses that Kiki wishes to meet as a part of her Wish. “I like the Wish Week decorations because they’re representing all of our school spirit, I really like the 3000s decorations because they are super well done,” Mason Conrad ‘24 said.
The paper display of Ariel from “The Little Mermaid” is hung on the wall March 4. Ariel was one of the six characters that line the 2000s pod.
“Tangled” decorations hung on the walls and ceiling in the 4000s pod March 7. The decorations in this pod included a fake waterfall, lanterns, a “Snuggly Duckling” sign and more. “I like this pod the best because [of] all the ‘Tangled’ decor and the Snuggly Duckling sign, I think it’s super cool,” Emily Allensworth ‘24 said. (media by Avalon Nielsen)
“Moana” decorations hang from the walls in the 5000s pod March 8. The characters depicted in the hallway were Moana, Maui, Te Fiti and Te Ka.
The logo of the Make-A-Wish Foundation is painted on paper that lines the walls of the 9000s pod March 5. Student Council included a image of Disney’s Tinkerbell to incorporate Kiki’s Wish into the logo.
Math teacher Allen Gregory has a balloon arch in front of his door March 1. He worked on building the balloon arch during Access Feb. 29, and it became noticeable to students, as the arch stuck out into the hallway. “I like the [door decorations] in the 3000s a lot, and the balloon one in the 9000s,” Connor Pew ‘26 said. (media by Ally Kelley)
On the door of room 9025 is a princess castle made out of paper and stickers, created by math teacher Ilza Oosthuizen. It took her roughly seven hours to make it herself, as she had no Seminar this year. “I think usually they don’t have the fictional means, but I think they make extraordinary wishes though. So, that’s why I thought about a Disney Castle. You know the princesses in Disney World, they all live in castles,” Oosthuizen said. (media by Ally Kelley)
Past Wish Kids and the years the school supported them adorn the walls in the 8000s pod March 7. The pod was decorated by Student Council in memory of all of the past wishes the school have helped grant. “I like the 8000s decorations, it’s cool to see the past Wish Kids and stuff throughout the years, it shows that we make a difference and reminds us of the kids,” Chloe Beck ‘25 said.
Physics teacher Jack VanNatta’s Seminar class door is party-themed, with reflective panels and a disco ball. Seminar classes decorated doors that were later judged by Kiki, the 2024 Wish Kid. If it was “Kiki approved,” they got a ribbon put on the banner. “I think [door decorating] is really fun and interesting, and it lets people be really creative,” Reid Bona ‘25 said. (media by Avalon Nielsen)