Recent Scores
  • Apr 22 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 13, Mullen High School - 3
  • Apr 19 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, Chatfield High School - 5
  • Apr 18 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 7, Cheyenne Mountain High School - 8
  • Apr 16 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, ThunderRidge High School - 3
  • Apr 15 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, ThunderRidge High School - 20
  • Apr 15 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 15, ThunderRidge High School - 5
  • Apr 13 / JV Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 2
  • Apr 13 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 6, Grandview High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys VolleyballRock Canyon High School - 0, Ponderosa High School - 3
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

FBLA State Leadership Conference: Donating One Dime at a Time

Jaguars compete at the Future Business Leaders of America State Leadership Conference and fundraise for a non-profit.
During the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) State Leadership Conference, hosted at the Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center, District 11 State Officer Kaylin Trent ‘24 gets splashed with ice water by Advisor Janna Robinett April 2. Trent and her nominees, Aditya Khanolkar ‘25 and Dane Zitzlsperger ‘25, raised $620.90 for the March of Dimes program, qualifying her to be splashed by her advisor. “I was really hesitant to get that bucket of ice water tossed at me, but I’ll still take it as one of the perks of being an FBLA State Officer,” Trent said.

With over 27 Jaguars in attendance, the Future Leaders of America (FBLA) State Leadership Conference, hosted at the Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center, occurred from April 1 to April 3.

At this conference, Jaguars competed in over 17 categories including Advertising, Business Communications, Business Ethics, Digital Video Production, Impromptu Speaking, Introduction to Marketing Concepts, Introduction to Public Speaking, Job Interview, Marketing, Public Speaking, Sales Presentation, Website Design, Human Resource Management, Introduction to Information Technology, Introduction to Programming, Journalism and Supply Chain Management. 

“I joined FBLA because I wanted to expand my business knowledge and learn more [about] the careers in the business world,” Preston Canter ’27 said. “I’m looking forward to improving my presentation skills in FBLA competitive events.”

Additionally, at the convention, students helped raise money for the March of Dimes program. According to March of Dimes, it is a non-profit organization to end preventable maternal health risks, and death, and close the health equity gap.

To help raise money for the organization, attendees of the conference could donate money to a specific district state officer. The top three officers who raised the most money got dunked with a bucket of ice water. 

District 11 State Officer Kaylin Trent ‘24 raised the most money, $620.90, and was dunked by advisor Janna Robinett. According to Robinett, the total money raised during the event for the March of Dimes program was $1,878.69.

On April 2, at the Future Business Leaders of America Leadership Conference (FBLA), District 11 members pose for a photo at the Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center. During the convention, about 27 Jaguars competed in over 17 categories at the state level. “I joined FBLA because I wanted to expand my business knowledge and learn more the careers in the business world,” Preston Canter ’27 said. “I’m looking forward to improving my presentation skills in FBLA competitive events.” (media by photo courtesy of Janna Robinett)