the Rock Online

The Day in Photos: Closing Assembly

As Wish Week wraps up, students rally to celebrate Michael and the granting of his wish.

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Day in Photos: Closing Assembly

Wish Kid Michael McGuire and his sister, Genevieve McGuire, play in the confetti on the gym floor during the closing assembly March 8. The two spent the rest of the assembly romping in the confetti Student Council dispersed throughout the gym.

photo by Emily Wilson

photo by Emily Wilson

photo by Emily Wilson

by Emily Wilson and Maddy Merritt

photo by Emily Wilson
Seniors Calvin Ewing, Ashleigh Contos, Laura Cook, and Haylie Crosby clap during the closing assembly March 8. They shared their enjoyment for when the previous Wish Families were brought to the center of the gym.

photo by Emily Wilson
Seniors James Stack, Josh Bullock, and Olivia Schabacker smile during the closing assembly March 8. The seniors arrived with the rest of the student body in anticipation, waiting for the assembly to commence.

photo by Emily Wilson
Juniors Kelli Nasseth and Grace Wiley smile during the closing assembly March 8. The two enjoyed the video compilation of previous Wish Families created by RCTV.

photo by Amanda Brauchler
Juniors Mary Howard, Olivia Bianco, and Morgan Cruz react to the video RC produced showcasing the previous Wish Families.

photo by Maddy Merritt
Student Council members reveal the total amount RC raised during Wish Week 2019. RC gave $62,086.99 to Make-A-Wish Colorado.

photo by Maddy Merritt
Student Council members release confetti throughout the gym during the closing assembly March 8. They revealed the final amount donated to Make-A-Wish Colorado.

photo by Maddy Merritt
Wish Kid Michael McGuire and his sister, Genevieve McGuire, run to the front of the gym to stand with their family during the closing assembly March 8. Student Council stood at the front of the gym with the Wish Family, presenting the final check to be donated to Make-A-Wish Colorado.

photo by Emily Wilson

photo by Emily Wilson
Juniors Alyssa Clarke, Madeleine Zilligen, and Tyler Tankersly clap after the speech 2018 Wish Kid Violet Ekern’s dad, Travis Ekern, delivered at the closing assembly March 8. Ekern thanked RC students and faculty for Wish Week and expressed the impact it had on the Ekern family.

photo by Emily Wilson
Wish Kid Michael McGuire plays in confetti

photo by Emily Wilson
Confetti rains down on Wish Kid Michael McGuire as he plays in the confetti with Student Council members Eve Renard ’20 and Ella Dietz ’22 after the closing assembly March 8. The group shared laughs and smiles while playing before the confetti was swept up by a Student Council member.

photo by Maddy Merritt
The Wish Families who attended the assembly pose with Student Council for a group photo after the closing assembly March 8. After the assembly, Wish Families and Student Council members shared cake in the commons and got to meet each other.