The Day in Photos: Opening Assembly

Relive the 11th Opening Assembly for Wish Week through photos.

media by Bella Wheeler
Fabian laughs while holding a copy of the Rock in the main hallway Feb. 21. Student Council took Fabian and his family on a tour of the school after the Opening Assembly to show off the decorations.

by Amanda Brauchler, Editor in Chief

photo by Amanda Brauchler
Nick Quam ’20 sets up the live stream in preparation for the Opening Wish Week Assembly Feb. 21. Quam livestreamed the video through RCBN on YouTube.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
Math teacher, Tony Koy, addresses the student body during the Wish Week Opening Assembly. Koy mentioned how important it is for students to participate in Wish Week and how one out of five of the previous Wish Kids have passed.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
Junior Lucy Hurd reacts to RCTV’s video that introduces the 2020 Wish Kid Feb. 21. The 2020 Wish Kid was Fabian, a ten year-old who wishes to go to LEGOLAND.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
Junior Madeline Conrad reacts to the introductory video for the opening Wish Assembly Feb. 21. The video was produced by seniors and RCTV members Sage Wheeler, Nick Quam and Matt Mejia.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
Fabian’s younger brother, Carlos, introduces himself to the student body while his brother, Martin watches Feb. 21. Fabian was surrounded by his family, including his two brothers, father, mother, aunt and grandparents for the opening assembly.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
The Wish Kid, Fabian, and his little brother Carlos walk towards the bins to kick off Miracle Minute Feb. 21. Miracle Minute was an event where students rush to add coins to bins in the gym at the end of the Opening Assembly.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
The 2020 Wish Kid, Fabian, holds a stack of cash up to his head Feb. 21. The cash was donated during Miracle Minute.
photo by Bella Wheeler
photo by Bella Wheeler
Fabian looks at the balloon decorations near the front office Feb. 21. Fabian was the 2020 Wish Kid. He wished to go to LEGOLAND with his family.
photo by Bella Wheeler
Fabian high fives students in the lunchroom during Access Feb. 21. Fabian wished to go to LEGOLAND.