New Releases and Ratings

Students give their opinions on recent movie releases.

media by Elsa Swanson

A graphic depicts several new entertainment releases, such as the cover of Taylor Swift’s album “Midnights,” the movie “Enola Holmes 2,” and the television series “Young Royals.”

by Elsa Swanson, Reporter

The clock ticks as you stare at it incessantly, waiting, wondering.

How long is this going to take? You ask yourself waiting for the new season or album to be released. As the clock gets closer, time seems to move slower. All you want is to be the first person to see the new episodes, hear the new songs, and experience it. Finally, the clock changes. You click on the title, waiting for it to load.

At last, it finally starts.

Keep reading to learn about new movies, tv shows, albums and more that have recently come out. 

“Enola Holmes 2,” released Oct. 27

Starring: Millie Bobby Brown, Louis Partridge, Henry Cavil, Sam Claflin, and Helena Bonham Carter.

Ratings: 92% Rotten Tomatoes, 6.8/10 IMDb and a 93% liked rating on Netflix. 

My Rating: 4.2 / 5 stars.

Student Opinion: “It was really good. I loved the mystery and the chemistry with all the characters. My favorite part had to be the dancing scene, and I really hope they make another movie,” Natasha Amarnani ‘25 said.

Season Two of “Young Royals,” released Nov. 1

Starring: Edvin Ryding, Omar Rudberg, Malte Gårdinger, Frida Argento and Nikita Uggla.

Ratings: 100% rotten tomatoes, 8.3/10 IMDb and a 98% liked on Netflix. 

My Rating: 4.4 / 5 stars

Student Opinion: “The ending was very powerful. Although it was supposed to be happy, I didn’t get enough from it as I thought I would,” Lola Claggett ‘25 said. “I love all the actors, I think they all deserve Emmys for their hard work and representation of the characters. What they’ve created is truly a masterpiece. If we don’t get a season three, I will be very upset. The only thing I didn’t like was I wish the writers would have spent more time on the leads and less time on August and Sarah.” 

Taylor Swift’s “Midnights” Album, released Oct. 22 

Ratings: 92% liked from Google Users. Twitter posted Oct. 23 stating that Taylor Swift’s new album broke the record for the most listened-to album in a day, with 17 million streams in only 24 hours. The streams have only gone up from there, reaching a number of 161.5 million streams by DATE.

My Rating: 4.3 / 5 stars

Student Opinion: “I think her new album is very good. I think people had been building it up and were a little disappointed that it is not what they were expecting,” Anouska Nipunge ‘25 said. “But, I still think it is amazing. The songs are so good, and she is in the top ten and is the first woman to get there. I think my favorite song from the album has to be ‘Maroon,’ it is so classic.”

Read more about Taylor Swift and her Top Ten:

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/taylor-swift-all-hot-100-top-10-anti-hero-1235163664/