Recent Scores
  • Apr 22 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 13, Mullen High School - 3
  • Apr 19 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, Chatfield High School - 5
  • Apr 18 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 7, Cheyenne Mountain High School - 8
  • Apr 16 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, ThunderRidge High School - 3
  • Apr 15 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, ThunderRidge High School - 20
  • Apr 15 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 15, ThunderRidge High School - 5
  • Apr 13 / JV Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 2
  • Apr 13 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 6, Grandview High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys VolleyballRock Canyon High School - 0, Ponderosa High School - 3
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

Follow Us on Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

the Rock (@rcrockmedia) • Instagram photos and videos

Follow Us on Twitter

The Week in Photos: March 2-March 8

The week in photos, Wish Week edition.
Student Council member Sydney Lowery ‘25 paints a car during the Walk for Wishes Wish Week event March 2. Student Council began setting up Walk for Wishes at 8 a.m. and included attractions such as hair tinsel, henna tattoos, local businesses, food trucks and car painting for students and families. “The most exciting part of Wish Week for me is getting to see the whole school and community come together for such a good cause and to grant someone’s wish who struggles every day and watch it bring joy to them and their families lives,” Lowery said. (media by Claudia Llado)
Cash Barnett ‘27 stands in line to order Chipotle for Wish Week March 3. By mentioning “RC Wish Week” at checkout from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., each order from the Chipotle on University Boulevard helped donate funds to Wish Week in order to grant 2024 Wish Kid Kiki’s wish of traveling to Hawaii with princesses to have a tea party. “This is my first real Wish Week, and I’m excited to see how much money Rock Canyon can raise,” Barnett said. (media by Aditya Khanolkar)
Arnav Markanda ‘27 watches the movie “Moana” during Kevin Cary’s period four Spanish class March 4. On Friday, March 1, Cary announced to the class that Monday would be a stall day if students could raise enough money. The total money raised was $212, and the class spent the period watching Moana. “Stall days are one of my favorite things that happen during Wish Week,” Markanda said.
Eleanor Nugent ‘25 and Kerry Soden ‘25 pose with their mad hats for Mad Hatter Monday, March 4. Students dressed up in the craziest hats they could find for Monday’s spirit day theme for Wish Week. “I thought that my Irish dance crown would be a fun thing to bring for the spirit day. I just thought it was a cute, different and unique thing that I could bring,” Nugent said.
During the Dare to Share Your Hair event March 5, Carter Buckman ‘27 smiles as he gets a buzz cut near the main entrance of the school. High school cosmetology students from Douglas County performed all haircuts, allowing them to practice and gain experience. Participants, including students, teachers, and administrators, were charged $5 per haircut, with all proceeds benefiting Kiki’s Wish and providing wigs for cancer patients. “I did it to donate hair to someone who needs it more. I think it’s really important for others to share their hair and support the cause,” Buckman said. (media by Elly Brooks)
Cate Walls ‘26, Amber Pravasi ‘26, Emery Doser ‘26, Brooke Schenderlein ‘25 and Isabel Banks ‘25 watch “The Little Mermaid”at Legacy Campus during the Wish Week Movie Night event, March 5. Tickets for the 4:30 p.m. showing of “The Little Mermaid”and the 7:30 p.m. showing of “Top Gun: Maverick” sold in the commons for ten dollars on Monday and Tuesday. Tickets were also sold at the door, and upon entry, attendees could purchase popcorn, soda, water or candy at concessions. “My favorite part of Wish Week so far has been Walk For Wishes because it was really fun to meet everyone,” Doser said. “I like the setup this year. I think it makes it easier to go see the movie and not be super cold. It’s cool to have a theater to watch [it] in.”
Lauryn Wilkey ‘26 uses the claw machine in an attempt to win tickets to spend on various prizes such as candy, toys, electronics, and more at Main Event March 6. Rock Canyon’s Student Council (StuCo) held Wish Week events such as Main Event to raise money for this year’s Wish Kid, Kiki. StuCo collected 20% of the sales from Main Event to go to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. “I’m here to support our school and Kiki while also trying to have some fun and win prizes, as most people are,” Wilkey said. (media by Blake Cartwright)