Recent Scores
  • Apr 22 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 13, Mullen High School - 3
  • Apr 19 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, Chatfield High School - 5
  • Apr 18 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 7, Cheyenne Mountain High School - 8
  • Apr 16 / JV Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 10, ThunderRidge High School - 3
  • Apr 15 / Varsity Girls LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 12, ThunderRidge High School - 20
  • Apr 15 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 15, ThunderRidge High School - 5
  • Apr 13 / JV Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 2
  • Apr 13 / Varsity BaseballRock Canyon High School - 6, Grandview High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys LacrosseRock Canyon High School - 9, Cherokee Trail High School - 7
  • Apr 13 / Varsity Boys VolleyballRock Canyon High School - 0, Ponderosa High School - 3
Rock Canyon High School's Student Newspaper

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

the Rock Online

Follow Us on Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

the Rock (@rcrockmedia) • Instagram photos and videos

Follow Us on Twitter

The Week in Photos: March 23-March 29

Happenings around the school in mid-March.
Black & Gold Yearbook Editor-in-Chief Chloe Farson ‘25 works on a winter trends and events page for the yearbook during period four in room 4113 March 25. The deadline for the final version of the yearbook is this Friday, March 29. “Although I’m quite nervous and stressed about [the deadline], I’m looking forward to seeing the finished product more than anything,” Farson said. “I’ve found our book to be extremely unique from ones in past years, and it’s been so beautiful to work on. It’s wonderful to see it truly begin to come together, even though we don’t necessarily have all the time in the world to make it perfect.”
Gavin Hildebrand ‘25 uses the control panel of the school’s fire truck during Emergency Services teacher Allen Chapman’s period seven Fire Science March 26. Fire Science is part of the Emergency Services Career and Technical Education (CTE) program where students learn basic firefighter skills from the State Fire I Level, Basic Life Support certification and instructional techniques of public important safety information. This course is open to juniors and seniors only and is a preparatory course for certification as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT). “I joined because it’s a big open door into a really great career that is highly respected,” Hildebrand said. “You definitely have to pull your weight through the class and it’s a very different dynamic than my other classes. We’re all super close and comfortable with each other and get along really well. We all love the class and working together.” (media by Claudia Llado)
At Ball Arena, French National Honor Society (FNHS) members Amelia Solano ‘25 and Maanav Bhatt ‘24 watch the Colorado Avalanche game against the Montreal Canadiens at French Night With the Avs March 26. Chaperoned by French teacher Alexis Savas and science teacher Brandon Hommel, 15 French students attended the annual event from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. and participated in hockey trivia, buying food and drinks from the vendors, meeting Avs mascot Bernie the St. Bernard and watching the game. The Avs lost 2-1. “This was my first Avs game and I loved that it was with my French class because I was with people I loved. We all took the Light Rail up to Ball Arena and then we did a Kahoot! that was testing us on Canadian French hockey which was interesting and then we watched the game! It was a really fun and energetic atmosphere,” Solano said. “I was very surprised by the turnout, especially on a Tuesday night, but everyone was very exciting even though we were losing.” (media by Claire Bauer)
Varsity outside hitter Kaiden Carland ‘24 jumps to hit the ball in a match against Regis Jesuit High School March 28. The game ended with a score of 3-1 L. “The season is going well. We are starting off a little rough as we have many new players on varsity and a new coach this season, but we’re starting to get back into our rhythm,” Carland said. “The game against Regis was great. It was awkward as we were missing some of the usual starters, so positions were swapped around, but we still had a great game even if it didn’t end how we wanted it to.” (media by Dee Lee)