The Day in Photos: March 1

March 1 marks the first day of the tenth annual Wish Week: see the day in photos.

Michael, the five year-old Wish Kid of 2019, helps Student Council organize the collections from Miracle Minute March 1. Student Council entertained Michael and his little sister after the assembly by helping them look through the tubs of coins.

by Amanda Brauchler, Editor in Chief

photo by Amanda Brauchler
Student council member, Seth Bowen ’19 holds his card for the seniors’ speech to the Class of ’22 while watching the Opening Wish Week assembly March 1.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
RCTV member Christopher Junge ’21 films the senior Student Council member’s speech to the Class of 22 during the Opening Wish Week assembly March 1. RCTV will live stream both Wish Week assemblies at this site: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFxQVQUPRzCjLAWCkTEtQQg?view_as=subscriber
photo by Amanda Brauchler
Sophomores Hannah Kim and Maisy Kubly react to RCTV’s introductory video of the Wish Kid. 2019’s Wish Kid is Michael, a five year-old boy diagnosed with leukemia that wishes to go to Disney World.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
Performing Arts teacher and Department Chair, Julia Dale cries while watching the video introducing Michael as 2019’s Wish Kid. Michael is five years old and has leukemia, he wishes to go to Disney World.
photo by Amanda Brauchler
While watching Michael run around and grab the microphone, Principal’s Assistant, Barb Cocetti laughs March 1. Ms. Cocetti took pictures of the tenth Opening Assembly to post to the school website.
photo by Kira Zizzo
Student Body Vice President, Ashley Mercer ’19 laughs while handing Michael the microphone during Wish Week’s opening assembly. Michael ran up and down the gym after being announced as the tenth wish kid.

photo by Tyler Stahl
2019 Wish kid, Michael helps to separate cash from coins after the Miracle Minute at the Opening assembly March 1.
photo by Amanda Brauchler