Welcoming Wish Week: Opening Assembly Photo Recap

As the Jaguars prepare for the closing assembly, reminisce on some moments from the opening assembly.
Student Council members Matt Hardin ‘24, Matthew Oros ‘24, Leah Sheahan ‘24 and Brady Hill ‘24 cheer for 2024 Wish Kid Kiki during the opening assembly March 1. According to RCTV’s video that played after the reveal, Kiki looked forward most to the Walk For Wishes parade that occurred March 2.
media by Sanaa Sow

The trumpets sound. 

Princesses Ariel and Elsa come out. 

And here comes this year’s Wish Kid: Kiki! 

On March 1, students attended the Wish Week Opening Assembly, led by Student Council and members of the faculty such as Principal Andy Abner, Campus Security Specialist JT Adams and science teacher Payton Holloway.

At the assembly, students looked back on past Wish Weeks, sang along to Disney karaoke, participated in the annual Miracle Minute and raised a total of $7,182.78 and met the newest addition to the Jaguar family: 2024 Wish Kid, Kiki. 

As students, faculty and the community as a whole remember the chants and screams for Kiki, take a look back on this event through a series of photos and interviews. 

Tomorrow, March 8, the Wish Week closing assembly takes place at 2:10 p.m. Make sure to purchase a Wish Kit for $20 in the Commons before the assembly.